Passing through security control can be stressful. Here are a few tips to go through these checks more smoothly. It is strongly advised to go through security checks at least 1 hour before the boarding gates close. Attention, for flights requiring additional documentary checks (international flights), more time will be required.
Discover the video on “Preparing to go through security control
PREPARE TO GO THROUGH
To ensure control checks are carried out in the best possible way, you can help by carrying out the following:
- Ensure you go through the security checkpoint as soon as possible.
- Leave your baggage trolley at the trolley removal point.
- Only passengers are permitted in the departure lounge. You will not be able to be accompanied. Therefore, you must say goodbye to those accompanying you before arriving at the entrance of the inspection area where you will need to present your boarding pass.
- present your boarding pass to the security control officer
- notify the welcome officer if you have any special needs ( Click here for more information )
- put your cabin baggage (handbags, etc.) on the conveyor belt of the x-ray machine
- if you are carrying any liquids, gels or aerosols (of less than 100ml), these must be placed in one closed, transparent plastic bag with a maximum capacity of 1 litre (20 x 20cm) and presented to the security officer separately from your cabin baggage.
- take out any laptops and large electrical devices from your cabin baggage and put them into a separate tray on the conveyor belt of the x-ray machine
- you must remove your jacket, hat, scarf, etc and put them into a tray
- place metal objects (money, keys, mobile phones, etc.) into a tray
- you may be asked to remove your belt and/or shoes. Slippers are available to go through the security checkpoint.
- go through the walk-through metal detector when the officer indicates to do so
You may be subject to an additional security check:
- These checks may follow alarm triggers or be carried out randomly in accordance with regulations.
- They may carried out in the form of a physical pat-down (by an officer of the same sex), a complete search of your belongings, etc.
At the end of security control:
- Do not forget to collect your personal belongings from the conveyor belt of the x-ray machine
- After all these steps, you can leave the security checkpoint and proceed to the departure lounge.
To find out more, please go to our FAQ page.