NEW YORK JFK
For a taste of the American dream...
New York is surely the most famous American city in the world. The Big Apple is the main tourist destination in the United States. The city attracts no less than 50 million visitors each year! The dream location for an unforgettable weekend! There are daily direct flights from Nice to New York!
What to do in the Big Apple
New York is best explored on foot or by subway, to avoid the traffic jams. Once you get off your flight from Nice to New York, there are loads of activities on offer: shopping in the fashionable Soho stores, walking in the green spaces such as Central Park, going out to trendy night spots, etc. Don't forget New York is the city that never sleeps, so there's always something to do, day or night!
The Brooklyn Bridge: a true symbol of America
Did you know that famous films such as Godzilla, Armageddon, Deep Impact, Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow, and I Am Legend were filmed on the Brooklyn Bridge, a true American icon. Crossing the bridge from Brooklyn to Manhattan, you can enjoy the best view of the New York cityscape. In itself a true emblem of New York, the Brooklyn Bridge is undoubtedly one of the city's most important sites. While you're there, visit Brooklyn Bridge Park, to relax and escape the Manhattan crowds. Depending on the season, you can even take a dip in the temporary Pop-Up Pool, from June onwards.
The Borough of Manhattan, the hectic and unavoidable economic and financial heart of New York, is also the city's cultural centre, with its famous museums: the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the American Museum of Natural History, or the MoMa. One for the bucket list: see New York by night, with the illuminated skyscrapers of Manhattan!
Cycling in Central Park
The huge and impressive Central Park, the green lungs of Manhattan, offers a wide choice of tourist sites and activities, particularly cycling! One of the must-see sites in Central Park is the Great Lawn, a magnificent expanse of grass in the heart of the park, containing baseball courts, basketball courts and many other sports facilities. In the summer season, there is free outdoor cinema for all! Romantics can take a one-hour carriage ride to see all the key sites.
The Statue of Liberty
The Statue of Liberty alone is worth the flight from Nice to New York. A gift from France to the United States in 1886, "Lady Liberty" remains the essential emblem of the city. The statue is accessible via a 15-minute boat trip and offers a stunning view of Manhattan, if you're brave enough to climb the 354 steps up to the crown!
Lots more cult sites and monuments in New York
The Empire State Building is another must-see. This Art Deco symbol of New York, part of the collective imagination, was built just after the 1929 crash. Its two viewpoints, on the 86th and 102nd floors, offer breathtaking views of the Big Apple. Other sites to visit include Ellis Island, Wall Street, the Guggenheim Museum, Times Square, Broadway and the headquarters of the United Nations.
When is the best time to book a flight from Nice to New York?
In New-York, you can enjoy America's traditional celebrations, including Independence Day on 4 July, Thanksgiving, Halloween, or Flag Day on 14 June, as well as many local celebrations:
January to April
- Chinese New Year flower market on Mulberry Street
- Gala in Roosevelt Park (Pre-lunar New Year Gala)
- Gala at the Radio City Music Hall (Chinese New Year Global Gala)
- Baseball season from January to June
- Chinese New Year in Chinatown: over 10 days of festivities
- The Mardi Gras parade on Second Avenue
- On 17 March, don't miss Saint Patrick's Day, for the famous Irish parade on Fifth Avenue
- There is also a parade on Fifth Avenue for Easter
June to August
- Carefusion Jazz Festival concerts
- The second Sunday in June, follow the Puerto Rican Parade on Fifth Avenue
- Staten Island offers concerts and exhibitions during JuneFest
- For Independence Day on 4 July, a great parade winds its way through the city
- Mostly Mozart
- The Lincoln Centre Midsummer Night Swing Festival
- The International Dance Festival
- The Asian American International Film Festival
- Harlem Week, with its eclectic calendar of events (sport, theatre, poetry, fashion...)
- The New York International Fringe Festival, offering dance and theatre
- The US Tennis Open in August
- Greenwich Village Festival
September to December
- The Rockabilly Music Festival
- In Little Italy, don't miss the San Gennaro Festival
- The African American Day Parade
- A Taste of New York food festival at the Sheraton Hostel
- The West Indian American Day Parade
- The New York Film Festival
- The US Open
- Oktoberfest (beer festival), like in Munich but along Lexington Avenue
- The Union Square Autumn Fair
- A Bluegrass fair and festival
- The Thanksgiving parade on Times Square
- The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting
- See in the New Year in style on Times Square
- Polar Bear Christmas: gifts are given to the Central Park polar bears on weekends in December
Not forgetting that throughout the year, sports lovers can enjoy American football, basketball and hockey!
- Months of operation:
- Days of operation:
Vols direct Nice - NEWARK
Vols direct Nice - NEW YORK JFK
Book this flight